Essential Oils are made from plants for physical and emotional benefits. They are distilled from leaves, flowers, tree bark, seeds, or rind of fruit in concentrated amounts. Typically one drop of a doTERRA essential oil has a powerful effect making them affordable at just pennies per use! View a short video clip introducing essential oils HERE.
How do I use essential oils?
You will soon learn that there are hundreds of ways to use dōTERRA® essential oils, including relaxation, personal hygiene, household cleaning, cooking, and supporting a healthy body. Every oil has at least one of three application methods: Aromatic, Topical, or Internal.
For Aromatic Use~ Breathe in or use a diffuser to open up airways, improve mood, or freshen the air.
For Topical Use ~ Use a carrier oil when applying to bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
For Internal Use ~ Drop in water, under tongue, or in veggie capsule to support mouth, throat, digestive system, or overall health.
What are some basic safety tips?
1) Photosensitivity- No sunbathing after applying citrus essential oils. Citrus oils are sensitive to the sun since they are made from the rind of fruit. Avoid direct sunlight to the exposed area for at least 12 hours of that location may have a skin irritation or burn. Oils applied underneath clothing should be fine.
2) Hot Oils - If it starts to burn, skip the water. Use a carrier oil or whole fat milk. Because essential oils don't mix with water, applying water to the area can actually drive the burn in deeper. Ouch!
3) Avoid These Areas - Never put essential oils in your eyes, inside ear canal, or up nose. However, you may apply oils around the eye bone in a C shape, on ear cartilage and behind ear bone, or diffuse essential oils.
4) Dilution - Use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil when applying essential oils topically to avoid skin sensitization.
5) Safe Storage - The majority of all adverse reactions to essential oils by children have been as a direct result of accidental overdose and ingestion in large amounts. Keep out of reach of children. Use child proof safety caps. Proper use is key!
What are the most commonly used essential oils and their uses? Click on each bottle below to enjoy 1-min informational video clips.
Grounding Blend Oil
Creates sense of calm and well-being
Promotes tranquility and sense of balance, grounding
May help ease anxious feelings
Respiratory Support Oil
Clears airways and promotes easy breathing
Use with diffuser at night for restful sleep
Use for seasonal respiratory discomfort
Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats
Muscle & Joint Support Oil
Apply to tired, aching joints
Use before and after exercise to reduce discomfort
Use for deep tissue massage
Soothing and cooling oil blend
Digestive Support Oil
Eases digestive discomfort
Motion sickness or indigestion
Use at mealtimes for healthy, comfortable digestion
Take orally to help reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion
Powerful and Versatile Oil
Lifts mood and awareness
Supports healthy immune nervous and digestive function when taken internally
Promotes feelings of relaxation when applied topically
helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfection
All Things Calming Oil
Reduce anxious feelings
Soothes irritated skin
Supports restful sleep
Calms bee stings
Cleans and Freshens Oil
Soothes throat discomfort
Antioxidant and detoxifier
Use to clean kitchen
First Aid for the Skin Oil
Beautify the skin
Healthy scalp and hair
Apply to feet and toenails
Natural Defense Oil
Protective mouth rinse
Cleanses and purifies
Eliminates airborne threats
Natural Immune Support Oil
Natural defense for kids and adults
Use internally as a part of a monthly cleansing regime for GI health
Please note - The statements found throughout this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We help you find the highest quality essential, natural oils. We show you simple, safe natural oil solutions for quality living.